Last Updated: March 2021
What Personal Information About Customers Does AQskill Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our courses and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- The Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to AQskill Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might be denied full access to to our Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of AQskill platform, including information about your interaction with courses and other services available. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses AQskill Services.
For What Purposes Does AQskill Use Your Personal Information?
We use personal data to provide you with services and courses.
We may conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on personal data and other information we collect.
We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to third parties, including without limitation, to current and prospective business partners and other third-parties for other lawful purposes.
Information collected via our website and app is used to help us understand how you use AQskill platform, and in what areas we could improve it. It shows us the areas that need more integrations and compatibility, and we analyze this to add new features to AQskill, as well as improve our documentation and courses.
We use third parties to send you targeted/interest-based ads, based on the personal data provided to us.
Does AQskill Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below
We use Google Analytics to analyze marketing goals and to integrate different data sources together.
We use Paystack for our payment processing and accounting.
We may share information as required for the provision or maintenance of the Services.
We may also share information in accordance with a written legal request by a valid legal authority. We will do our best to object to such request if we believe that it is baseless.
In order to collect the data described herein, we may use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time.
We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser for the duration we provide the services.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover your identity. Cookies do not damage your browser.
Most browsers may allow you to block cookies, but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not).
We may also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or “gifs,” are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We also use third-party technologies, such as cookies and web beacons and various third-party providers (e.g., Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to process and analyze your personal data, profile end-user activities and provide targeted ads, including without limitation tracking your use of the Services and third-party services and sites.
How Can We Contact You?
We may send you periodic notifications via emails and Mobile app notifications in relation to our Services and Courses.
Newsletters would be sent, which you may opt-out of this service at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of each promotional communication we send you.
Complaints and Reports
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact you regarding your concerns.
Our system is designed in such a way that your security and privacy is our top priority.
We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between the Company and an individual.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.